Dr Allan Parker
An unusual blend of hard and soft skills experience which enables highly effective coaching interventions
Following an early career in academia and offshore research in the USA and UK Allan’s leadership and management achievements led him into senior management roles in the manufacturing, systems, automotive and aerospace industries. He was a Director in several multinational companies implementing major business change programmes and then an employed management consultant before joining The Performance Solution™ as a Director and shareholder in 2004.
Allan has developed an expertise in the fields of executive coaching and change management applied to organisations, teams and individuals at Senior Management/ Director level. His resourceful attitude and analytical insight, underpinned by a detailed understanding of both the hard, process oriented, and soft, people oriented, issues in organisations, enables him to work on a one to one basis or facilitate groups to inspire practical solutions for transforming personal and business performance. He is working on the use of soft skills to make engineers more effective in managing teams.
Allan is a Professionally Credentialed Coach with the International Coaching Federation and provides executive coaching to Managers and Directors and specialist change management consulting interventions in industries as diverse as engineering, medical, telecommunications, finance, public sector and retail, in blue chip organisations. He has worked extensively in the UK, USA and Europe. Clients include BAXI Group, Abbey, The Body Shop, Rolls Royce, Johnson and Johnson and Bevan Brittan LLP. He is a qualified Coach Supervisor and on the ICF ACTP faculty.
He helps people to develop their knowledge and understanding of complex, diverse and multicultural organisations and to apply this knowledge to achieving their goals. Current projects revolve around helping individuals and organisations to understand the impact of the behavioural characteristics of people on their colleagues and their business performance.
Allan travels extensively within the UK and Europe to meet the needs of a variety of clients. He lives with his wife and they have two sons and one daughter, when not working he can be found enjoying the open roads on his Harley Davidson.
- PhD (London), BSc (London)
- Post Graduate Cert in Applied Coaching
- Certificate in Advanced Coaching Skills
- NLP Practitioner
- Certificate in Coaching Supervision
- Mbit Certified Coach
- Diploma in Coach Supervision
- Member of International Coaching Federation
- Professional Credentialed Coach
- Trainer and fully certificated in Extended DISC and iWAM Psychometric Systems
- Expert Advisor to DTI and EEC
- Lecturer for DTI sponsored seminars
- Member of Steering Group Warwick University IMRC
- External Doctoral Examiner for University of Warwick
- Member of Industrial Advisory Board for Bristol University Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Fellow of Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Trainer and fully certified in Spiral Dynamics
- An experienced Executive Coach who works with middle managers and senior executives in a wide range of industry sectors
- An ability to quickly analyse a wide range of business scenarios, identify critical areas for improvement and enable clients to develop and implement effective solutions
- An ability to rapidly build rapport and establish credibility with clients at senior levels, leading to highly effective interventions
- Application of analysis and creative thinking to enable achievement of business and personal goals
- Innovative approaches to the management of complex projects within ambiguous and changing frameworks