Leadership and organisation development in challenging situations
Having qualified first as a microbiologist and then as a psychologist, Carl’s early career spanned research in marine microbiology with Shell Research, corporate strategic planning with Shell International and new ventures development with Shell UK.
Ready to make a booking?
You can book a discovery session or a coaching hour below.
From his foundation of internal consultancy within the Shell Group of Companies, which included being part of the team leading the development of a Shell/Philips joint venture, Carl moved to independent consulting in 1990. Since then he has provided consultancy, coaching and training services to an extensive client list that includes Earls Court and Olympia, Hays PLC, The Royal Brompton NHS Trust, The London Stock Exchange, The British Standards Institute, Kent Aerospace, Transport for London, The Mersey Docks and Harbour Company, Viridian Biotechnology, Capital Radio Group, Pearson Publishing, Kent County Council, the Lloyds Banking Group and Reuters.
Carl’s expertise reflects his well-established business acumen in the areas of Business Strategy, Competitor and Collaborator Analysis, Performance Management, Executive Coaching, and Leadership Development. Recently, he has been running action learning sets on ‘Strategy – from innovation to planning and action’ with The Charities Aid Foundation. He is currently researching into the effect of horse-whispering as a coaching intervention and writing his second book.
In addition to his coaching and leadership development work, Carl holds two non-executive directorships, one with an international manufacturing firm, the other with a Housing Association.
On the ‘lighter’ side, Carl occasionally lectures in psychology and runs personal development weekends. This reflects his long-standing interest in developing the potential of others. He also sails – usually around UK shores, but once across a stormy North Atlantic! Carl lives in Kent with his wife and two daughters.
- BSc Applied Biology and Microbiology
- BSc Psychology
- Combined Certificate in Counselling Theory & Practice
- Member of the Chartered Management Institute
- Fellow in Learning and Development – International Management Centres Association
- Advanced Certificate in Coaching
- Certificate in Coaching Supervision
- Member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council
- Certified Extended DISC™ facilitator
- Yachtmaster (Offshore) and RYA Approved Instructor
- Background as internal consultant
- Experienced business coach
- Qualified psychologist
- Teaches on MA programmes in the field of Systemic Leadership and Organisation Development
- Offers leadership programmes on board boat to encourage teamwork and dynamic leadership
- Author of ‘The Knowledge; Management and Leadership from A to Z’.